- "The Man Who Sold the World" is another one of those songs that feels important.
We passed upon the stair. We spoke of was and when. Although I wasn't there, he said I was his friend, which came as some surprise. I spoke into his eyes, "I thought you died alone a long, long time ago." "Oh no, not me. I never lost control. You're face to face with the man who sold the world."
I like the reference to that one rhyme: "Yesterday, upon the stair / I met a man who wasn't there / He wasn't there again today / Oh, how I wish he'd go away." Weird, but cool...
- I want to do the usual Weekend Fic Meme, but for the life of me, I can't find any fic memes on the FList. WTF?
- My sink is broke. Again. This blows. We poured acid down it to break up whatever clogs were there. Now there is acid water sitting stagnant in the sink. And this isn't like Liquid Plumber. Oh no. We have the hardcore shit that you have to wear gloves to use because it's so potent. Sitting in the broken sink. NOW WOT?
- The Lust fic out of the GO-PRT fic I'm doing is getting really, really long. I have mixed feelings about this. For one, I think it's a good fic. On the other hand, I can't have one ficlet being five times the length of the others. Woe.
- I know that Matchbox Twenty is considered Very Uncool (and their new stuff is crap) but the song "Downfall" is pretty much the Anderson/Keith theme from GO-verse. I want you to trouble me. I wanted you to linger. I want you to agree with me. I want you on my side. / Be my savior and I will be your downfall.
- I seriously deleted/rewrote #5 about seven times. I am so embarrassed to like that song, but I really do.
- I want a fic with the boys going to a movie. They all bitch over whether to sit in the front row (Stephen), the middle (Jon and Keith) or the very back (Andy). Andy wins by pulling a depressed face and complaining about getting headaches. A loud little kid is there and Keith growls at the parents, all, "I get to see a movie once a year if I'm lucky; shut the kid up". 'Cause Keith only like kids if they know when to be quiet. And Anderson refuses to buy snacks because, holy crap, five dollars for a hot dog, are they kidding?! And Jon and Andy get into a thing about how Anderson just bought an uber-fancy new apartment and he won't pay five bucks for food? and Stephen tries to whisper about the cooler looking coming attractions but his voice carries like you wouldn't believe. And when the Oceans Thirteen trailer rolls on the screen, Jon yells, "I totally had George Clooney" and everyone in the theatre turns to look at them and Anderson hides under Stephen's jacket. And Stephen makes crazy predictions in the first fifteen minutes of the movie and ends up being completely right and everyone wants to kill him. And after the movie's over, the credits are going, and the people have filed out, Andy and Stephen make shadow puppets by standing on the back row seats.
Yeah. I don't need to write that now.
- I need to consolidate my "the Daily Report" and "pundit boys" tags to "PRT". I've been meaning to. ETA: Have discovered I have +90 entries under just "pundit boys". I'm just gonna start using "PRT" and be done with it.
- I met another PRT fan today who'd friended cosmic and I, but not scrunchy and notpoetry. This boggles my mind.
- I'm addicted to lists. And yes, I say this just because I can't think of a #10. *hums, lalala's, whistles*
ETA: OMG, ANDY. He's all bundled up and totally, "It's COLD. I wanna go HOME. Stephen, if you're watching, send me blankets!"
MITTENS. SKI CAP. HUGE JACKET. TENTS. He's so in a tent with Corwin. When Jeff's asleep, he scoots over to lay next to him for warmth. He can handle deserts and tropics and such. He hates the cold.